5 Common Types Of Refrigerators Available In The Market
The refrigerator was first introduced to the world as a luxury, which was owned only by the elite. It has slowly become popular and the importance has increased as well. We have come a long way, and the refrigerator has now become a necessity for our households. You cannot imagine a day without a refrigerator; where will you store your poultry items, beers, cold water, veggies and all your leftover food? Many food recipes in this age require you to cool down the preparation before you take the next step, this makes refrigerators seemingly important. There are different types of refrigerators in the market to suit the different requirements.
Here are some of the types of refrigerators:
- Single door refrigerator: This is the most basic form of refrigerators, and has been around for a long time now. The fridge has a single exterior door and in some cases an internal door for the freezer compartment. The single door is the only seal that keeps the ambience inside cooler as compared to the outer temperature. This type of refrigerator is ideal for small families, individuals, couples or bachelors. The freezer might have a door, but the vegetable box does not have a door and is usually at the bottom of the fridge.
- Top freezer: Out of all the refrigerators in the market, this is one of the most common ones. It is the most traditionally and the most chosen one among all the types. The top freezer is chosen as it is the most economical fridge in the market. It suffices all the basic needs of the household and starts at a low price of $400. One drawback is the need for the user to bend, every time they want to use the main refrigerator portion. The lower door is more likely to be opened, as compared to the top door. The height factor works in both ways as it becomes difficult for short people to reach the top freezer.
- Bottom freezer: It has similar features to the top freezer refrigerator, the placement of the freezer in this case is at the bottom and that’s where the appliance gets its name from. This refrigerator is one spot behind the top freezer in terms of popularity and price. It is slightly smaller as compared to the top freezer and is a great choice for a traditionally sized kitchens. The perks of this fridge include, a drawer-style freezer in some cases, no need to hunch or stretch to access the doors, the freezer compartment is larger than the top freezer refrigerator.
- Side-by-side: This type of fridge is get exceedingly popular with time with regards to the many benefits it brings with it. Apart from the usage benefits, it also has a modern look and feel making it a perfect match for modern kitchens. With this refrigerator, you can access the main compartment as well as the freezer section with equal ease. The doors to this fridge open like a closet, with the refrigerator side a little larger than the freezer section. It also has in door storage and sections inside the compartments that differ according to the different models.
- French door: This is an all in one refrigerator. It has a bundle of features and has a fancy feel to it. If you are looking for something expensive with all the features in a single appliance, then the French door fridge is the ideal choice for you. This is a combination of the bottom freezer and the side-by-side variants and is gaining popularity with its ease of access to all the sections. It works best for large kitchens, as you do not need to access one door for all your requirements; the multiple door feature also allows great cooling. And not just that, even with all the features, the refrigerator is highly energy efficient.